Minnalgal Koothaadum

One of the recent songs I like very much is the "Minnalgal Koothaadum" song from Pollathavan. This is a very simple song with simple tune, simple beat and simple accompaniments but I never get bored of this song, even though I hear it on radio almost dailly. This song is picturized on a hill station and the song conveys the appropriate mood. I observed that when we listened to this song on the bus during a trip to Coorg. I was impressed with the fact that even a simple song can be made into a big hit with the right ingredients. Bombay Jayashree's voice in this song is another big plus. Manjal Veyyil song from Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu (Harris Jayaraj) is yet another example of a simple song with the right ingredients making it a super hit.

There is some freshness in G V Prakash's song. I especially like his "Idhu Enna Mayam" from Oram Po and the "Vizhiyil" song from Kireedam.

One more recent song that I like is the "Yaarukku Yaarendru" song from Ajantha composed by none other than Ilaiyaraaja.

And this is my last post in the year 2007. I had published the maximum number of posts in this year when compared to the earlier years. Hope I continue to keep my blog active during 2008.

Wish you all a very Happy New Year !

5 comments:

  1. First time on your blog... really enjoyed reading it....keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sabari, you have a nice blog too. I will listen to your compositions and singing and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tune is actually inspired from a Akon (ft. Eminem) single called "Smack That" which won a Grammy for Best Collaboration last year, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Rhaaj, I came to know about it recently through my friend. The first 2-3 lines of "udal kodhikkudhe" piece alone is similar to the smack that piece. I am not sure if it was intentionally lifted, or if it was unintentional, but at the end of the day, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. boss.... cud u help me buy a sennh earphone in chennai.....cud u tell me where the show room is located..... iam lookin for cx 300 or 400 any suggestions ? kindly msg me 9791388599 thaks saran

    ReplyDelete